Skip to main content

EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS BLOGSITE

The latest good news is that this blog site has, apparently, been seen now by all 251 entities in the Google world, which includes 195 countries and other sites.  More on this later.

SIMPLE SOLUTIONS FOR PLANET EARTH AND HUMANITY began as a vehicle to focus on the subject matter of my books.

WINDWARD OAHU
BOOK SIGNING

SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for
Planet Earth
 (www.SimpleSolutionsBook1.com)
and Humanity (www.SimpleSolutionsBook2.com)

Bookends in Kailua
Sometime this Summer

From SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth:
  • The analogy I like to use is this.
    • Go back to when you began kindergarten.
    • Sixteen years later, if  you went to college, you would be a junior.
    • However, as a student, you have holidays, weekends, and a long summer vacation.
    • This blog site has been active every day, save for a few days when I was in China and there was no way to do this legally.  
      • I found a way to link through a Russian site, and sent out a batch a couple of times.  Interestingly, during these periods, there were a lot of comments from Russians. 
      • During the beginning from 2008 I have not been anywhere else in the world where there have been any restrictions.  
      • China banned Google in 2010, and this condition prevails today.
  • There have been 6050 postings.  
    • Each takes a couple of hours.
    • Multiplying accordingly, I get about 15,000 hours of effort, or 625 days.
    • How long does it take to write a book?  My latest three probably averaged 6 months, or around 4320 hours.  In short, I could have maybe written four more books if that was my focus and not this blog.
    • There are ways to gain revenue sources, where the more views result in more money.
    • However, I chose not to do this.  Why?  Probably because viewership was too low to be worth the effort, and I hate to do accounting.
    • Depending on which blog you are reading, there have been more than 3 million views.  Actually, it is at least double that for various reasons.
    • One is that there are identical blog sites.  A couple of years ago I reached the limit of something termed labels, which are words that link to the world wide web.  I thus arbitrarily created a second site to allow me to link to the internet, while continuing the original, which now has no linkage.
    • In you are viewing the original blogsite, the second version can be reached at  https://wawh2.blogspot.com/  The heading looks like this.


New SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for PLANET EARTH AND HUMANITY: This blog site derives from the original version of Planet Earth & Humanity, but will be more WE than ME. The coverage will remain similar, but perhaps these postings will seem to come from a parallel universe, or maybe even Purgatory. But truth and reality will prevail, with dashes of whimsy and levity to help make your day.

    • Which one should you read?  They are the same.  However, the original has a right column that is easier to access.  Note that there is a section of Viewers for Visitors, with a map of the world showing flags.  
      • At the beginning I did not have these flag counts.  
      • Then a year or two later I added this option for a price.
      • A few laters I decided to quit to save money.  
      • Thus, today I'm not sure as to how many people are visiting this site.  The number you see at the top of the page on the original does not count other versions.  In fact, what is truly accruing is probably double what the that number shows, so by not paying, who knows how many are accessing this site.
      • All this is confusing, but here are some graphics that show this difference.

So I suspect that the original blog site has been viewed by all 251 countries.  Now that is some accomplishment of a blog emanating from Honolulu with no obvious attempt too maximize access.  There are only 195 countries, so the remaining 56 country code domains are other sites, such as Antarctica, Vatican City and Nauru.

In detail, regarding the 3 million plus visitors as seen above:
  • 47.8% of viewers are from the USA.
  • The huge surprise is that Singapore, with 0.07% the world population, contributed 15.3% of those who have visited this blog site.
  • #3 is the UK (with 0.8% of the world population) having a viewership rate of around of 0.8%.
  • There were periods when Hong Kong, also with an English-speaking dominance, sometimes jumped in viewership.
  • I tend to get more visits during my around the world trips.
However, if coverage of all the 251 world locations is used:
  • The U.S. is only at 9.9%, with the rest of the world at 90.1%
  • Makes no sense, but Indonesia is #2 and the UK #3.  But the population of Indonesia is 276 million.
This blog site was created to follow-up on my two books.  The first one in 2007, SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth, which dealt with my professional life, like energy and the environment, plus related science and technology topics  A year later came SIMPLE SOLUTIONS FOR HUMANITY.  Why the second one?  I thought I'd write on things that intrigued me, but where I had not much knowledge and no experience.
Thus, if you look back to the early days of this blog, I only wrote about science and technology.  Then when I started my global peregrinations, I began to insert topics of travel and food.  Turned out that these none energy/science topics drew more viewers.  So now I write on anything I wish, many times having no sense of what my subject would be when I first sit down at the computer.  I could add that I did spend three years of my life working for the U.S. Senate, and drafted the original legislation for hydrogen and ocean energy, and led the Senate staffing for wind energy and deep seabed minerals.  This led to my final attempts to initiate The Blue Revolution.
It was during that period when I began to report for The Huffington Post.  Wrote more than a hundred articles which you can find under my name, Patrick Takahashi.

In 2010,  a year after my wife passed away, I compiled the 75 or so articles I had published with HuffPo into SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth as a testimonial for her.  Topics ranged from: Well, Barack, We have a ProblemWhy Do Republicans Like Fossil Fuels and Not Care That Much for the Environment?Blue Revolution to Extraterrestrial Intelligence? to How to Roast a Turkey to Life After Death to  Star Power for Humanity (fusion) to The Stanford Marshmallow Test.

When I stopped writing for The Huffington Post, I had written more than 100 articles.
Over time, this blog site has tended to focus on certain subject areas each day of the week:
  • Sunday:  spiritual and religious.
  • Monday: breaking news.
  • Tuesday:  nostalgia.
  • Wednesday:  science and technology.
  • Thursday:  COVID, but after the pandemic, medical issues and nutrition.
  • Friday:  whoopee for the weekend.
  • Saturday:  entertainment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A NEXT COVID SUBVARIANT?

By now most know that the Omicron BA.5 subvariant has become the dominant infectious agent, now accounting for more than 80% of all COVID-19 cases.  Very few are aware that a new one,   BA.4.6,  is sneaking in and steadily rising, now accounting for 13% of sequenced samples .  However, as BA.4.6 has emerged from BA.4, while there is uncertainty, the scientific sense is that the latest bivalent booster targeting BA.4 and BA.5 should also be effective for this next threat. One concern is that Evusheld--the only monoclonal antibody authorized for COVID prevention in immunocompromised individuals--is not effective against BA.4.6.  Here is a  reference  as to what this means.  A series of two injections is involved.  Evusheld was developed by British-Swedish company AstraZeneca, and is a t ixagevimab  co-packaged with  cilgavimab . More recently, Los Angeles County reported on  subvariant BA.2.75.2 . which Tony Fauci termed suspicious and troublesome.  This strain has also been spreading in

Part 3: OUR NEXT AROUND THE WORLD ODYSSEY

Before I get into my third, and final, part of this cruise series, let me start with some more newsworthy topics.  Thursday was my pandemic day for years.  Thus, every so often I return to bring you up to date on the latest developments.  All these  subvariants  derived from that Omicron variant, and each quickly became dominant, with slightly different symptoms.  One of these will shock you. There has been a significant decline in the lost of taste and smell.  From two-thirds of early patients to now only 10-20% show these symptoms. JN.1, now the dominant subvariant, results in mostly mild symptoms. However, once JN.1 infects some, there seem to be longer-lasting symptoms. Clearly, the latest booster helps prevent contracting Covid. A competing subvariant,  BA.2.86,  also known as Pirola , a month ago made a run, but JN.1 prevailed. No variant in particular, but research has shown that some of you will begin to  lose hair  for several months.  This is caused by stress more than anythi

WHY YOU SHOULD CONVERT TO A JAPANESE HIGH TECH TOILET

Did you know that   Oktoberfest   in Germany is mostly in September?  The very first day of Oktoberfest 2021 was supposed to be today, September 18, extending into October 3.  Well, as in 2020, Oktoberfest was cancelled. So why is it called by that month when it is held mostly in September?  The first celebration in 1810 was in October. Did you also know that Oktoberfest is held only in Munich?  These days seven million drink more than a liter ( about three typical cans ) of beer each, costing around $11.  Except for my wife and I when we followed the crowd to board the S-Bahn to the fairgrounds near Old Town.  It was drizzling a bit.  We bought a large pretzel outside of a typical barn where beer is served.  We did not know that you needed to get this inside the hall.  So no one came to serve us beer.  After a while we decided to have lunch, and the restaurant we settled on only served wine.  Thus, we might have been the only couple in the history of this event who failed to drink bee